Review of In-Group Research

By doing the research on my in-group, it has really opened my eyes about the other people who experience the same thing as me. I have never really thought abut how other’s would react when it came to a divorce, much less how their religion was impacted by it.  Reading the research through an objective prescriptive was not very difficult for me; although I was surprised by certain results and conclusions made by the researchers, I expected most people to lose religion. I was surprised when the research and conclusions suggested that many people also gained a closeness to God through the experience as well.

I was able to read objectively through most of it because I knew going into the research that my case was one of the more rare cases and most of the conclusions would not agree with my end result. I was able to gain a closeness to God while I started as a very spiritual person and the research said that the more religious you are, the greater your lose of religion would be; I understood that this would be a large portion of people before I began. My experience allows me to add cases where people can begin the divorce as very spiritual, or have a very spiritual family, and gain spirituality by trusting God and having faith in His plan for us. My experience can show other Christians going through a divorce that it gets better, it’s process that’ll take time but eventually they’ll be able to forgive and forget.